Slices of Life, and Other Such Things

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Man vs the Mission Statement

So, I started a blog...

It is a little after midnight on July 3 as I start this. Admittedly, this is a little later than I had intended, but at this point I consider it an accomplishment that I even started it at all.  Of course, the real test will be to see if I can keep this up.  I'm not saying I will post daily, as that will doom me from the start.  I think twice weekly is a good enough goal for now, with the option open for more frequent postings.  (Of course, if I do post daily, so much the better.  Watch this space tomorrow.  Maybe.)

As for the subject matter, well, this is the Internet, where real life and pop culture collide in strange, unforeseen ways.  Sure, I'll post the nerdy stuff, but I may sprinkle in some autobiographical asides from time to time.  (I've got a personal essay about Doctor Who in the works that was part of the driving force behind me starting this blog in the first place.  Look for it somewhere down the line.)

The full, formal title of the blog is "Man vs the Inevitable Heat Death of the Universe," a play on the conflicts taught in lit class, with one of my favorite unwieldy scientific phrases.  Never before has the end of all existence sounded so... trivial.  Seriously, try saying "inevitable heat death of the Universe" keeping a straight face.  The Universe is too vast, and the term "heat death" sounds so small, I think.  Add "inevitable," which is in itself a funny-sounding word, and you've got... well, you've got something anyway.

Clearly, I've started to ramble, even more than I intended.  So, to close out this initial post and distract us all from the unfinished, unprofessional nature of this blog in its early hours, here's some flashy movement and bright colors, courtesy of Polysics.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment