Slices of Life, and Other Such Things

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Man vs the Sophomore Slump

And now it's come to this.  The second post.  Here's where I decide if I want to keep at this crazy experiment in disciplined writing, or if it all comes crashing down.  So far, I'm... pretty confident.  Maybe.  See, I like words, and language, and even the act of writing itself, but one thing I lack is discipline.  I am hoping that through this blog I can work to improve that (and improve my writing style as well.)  Yes, I admit it.  I'm writing for me.  However, that doesn't mean any readers I may have won't find it entertaining.  I can hope, can't I?

I toyed with the idea of making this an "about me" post, since my first post didn't really have much of that, but the basics of it just aren't that interesting.  After all, who wants to read about the day-to-day life of a quality control inspector?  "Did I ever tell you about the time I found three units in a row that did not have batteries?  That was a red letter day, let me tell you!"  No, no, no.  That kind of stuff just isn't suited for this little corner of the idea-space that I'm settling into.  Yes, I realize in my last post I said I would be writing about myself, and I do intend to, but not really in the "journal" sense.  More like "disjointed memoirs."

One particular Thing that Happened set me, at an early age, on the path of the Pop Culture Nerd.  (Or, should I say "anorak" in this case?)  So, be here tomorrow for a special July 4th post about some British TV show!  Oh, wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment